The Hourglass Life Rating: 5 stars
Quick Take Aways:
- Definitely hit the hydrotherapy spa (by far the best I’ve experienced! See why below!)
- Book fun activities like ATV and Zip lining (check out my cray cray videos!)
- Good for the adventurists, the foodie or relaxing girls trip!
May I saw WOW! I just got back for a 4-day trip to Mexico and I’m ALREADY missing the warm moist air and sun! I miss spending my days deciding which pool to swim in (yup I know, difficult choice!) and which restaurants to dine at! Most of all, I will miss zip lining in the jungle and pampering at the spa!
We also dined at the buffet which was like no other buffet. From fresh pressed juices (watermelons, guava, pineapple YUM!), to honey baked fruits and garlic sautéed shrimps, and too many other options that changed daily so you never got bored. The food was a 5 star selection.
At the Hideaway at the Royalton with @sunwingvacations having the best time!!! Just took a traditional Mexican cooking class with the chef. Check out my snapchat to see the full trip and adventures (user name LyzabethLopez). Tomorrow will be kayaking & zip lining 😳.. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I'll be blogging fitness meets vacation with #stayfitvacations #adultsgetawayguide #sunwingmode #hideawayatrrc @sunwingvacay
I had the opportunity to take part in ‘The culinary experience’ which was a 10 course meal prepared by top Mexican chefs for our small group. The food was ‘to die for! And I am not exaggerating here! As a foodie and nutritionist, I know a good meal when I see one! During the Culinary Experience I learn to cook delicious raw fish on hot rocks, torched (yes, I said TORCHED) meat and cracked a chocolate pinnate (my fave part!). Side note: the video of my cracking the chocolate pinnate is TOTALLY worth watching!
ATV and Zip Line
During my trip, I booked some awesome (and cray cray) off site adventures! I zip lined through the Mayan Jungle (right side up and upside down LOL), ATV’ed through the wild, and then hit the great blue sea for some paddle boarding. Check out my videos below are there are literally NO WORDS to express the amazing adventures!
For all of my gym buffs out there, if you want to pump some weights in addition to running on the beach or paddle boarding. This resort sports an amazing fully equipped two floor gym including cable cross-overs, individual universal selector machines, a ton of cardio equipment and small equipment including: kettle bells, mats, stability balls etc. They also offer classes in their dance studio, Zumba classes by the pool, as well as roof top tennis courts.
Next was a relaxing day at the therapeutic water spa (which was located right at the Royalton) and a relaxing aromatherapy massage! The water therapy was the bomb, 10 different types of massaging waters followed by a relaxing head and neck massage by the pool. This is how you prep for your full body massage, pure luxury! Definitely hit up the spa if you go down!
Overall, the experience I had at this resort was one like no other. I would highly recommend this trip.
Here Are My 5 Take Away Tips For Booking:
- I stayed at the Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun a which is a five start resort! It’s totally worth the splurge! If you can afford it, book the diamond experience which gives you access to extra adults only pools and suites, more restaurants, and perks including all day delicious snacks (finger food and desserts) in the diamond lounge. Regardless, Diamond or not, it is still a very luxurious stay! (ps. Make sure to check out my videos below showing the tour of the resort and all the fun activities!)
- Book a floor unit with a private pool. I didn’t have one, so I was jealous all trip of everyone that did have them! Hahaha! The pools at the resort close at 6pm, but you can use the private pools at your leisure.
- If you are a foodie (like me!!) book the Culinary Experience ! It’ truly a memorable experience! Nothing like torching meat and throwing chocolate piñata at a plate!
- Book with Sunwing Vacations (amazing service) – highly recommended! They fly to the best vacation spots and have vacations for all budgets!
- Use NexusTours.com to book some awesome Off site trips (paddle boarding, ATV and Zip line). Check their website to some of the cool excursions available. Next time I want to try the snorkelling in the caves and wave runners.
Video Review Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun
Day 1: The Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun via snapchat – The Tour
Day 2: The Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun avia snapchat – Adventure Day
Day 3: The Hideaway Royalton via snapchat – The Foodie/Spa Day
Want More Info? Check Out These Useful Links:
From My Instagram:
So you guys know I love water therapy, cold therapy, hot/cold therapy… Etc… on my last day at the Royalton Hideaway in Cancun, I got to try their water therapy. It was roughly 10 different types of water therapy that's ends with an neck, shoulders and scalp massage. Check my snapchat to see it before it disappears- user name – LyzabethLopez 👻. I booked my amazing trip with @sunwingvacations @nexustours. Loved every minute of it!!! – #sunwingmode #adultsgetawayguide #hideawayatrrc #stayfitvacations @sunwingvacations
Woooo…. What a rush this has been guys!!! Gotta admit, I'm a bit afraid of heights… and a total 'big city girl', so, stepping outside of my comfort zone and trying zip lining today was such an awesome rush! I thought I'd be so scared… but, by the third line, I was hanging upside-down gliding though the jungle looking down at the trees… I'm so thankful I got to experience this… Who knows… Maybe next I'll try to conquer my fear of fish .. Lol .. 🐠🐟🐳😳😱… 😂😂… @sunwingsvacations & @nexus_tours still has more in store for me tomorrow… Having the best time in my 'stayfit vacay'❤️❤️❤️ Catch all of today's ATV & Zip line action in the Mayan Jungle on my snapchat (user name: LyzabethLopez) 😘😘 – #sunwingmode #adultsgetawayguide #hideawayatrrc #stayfitvacations @sunwingvacations
Hitting the ATV in the Mayan Jungle of Mexico🏎🌳 My first time trying it and I loved it. ❤️❤️ I hit two trees (lightly) when we went deep in the jungle😂… Otherwise I think I did pretty well😜. My favorite part was splashing through the puddles driving fast🏎🏎. The tour guides showed us some cool tricks as well. Met awesome people from around the world… What an amazing experience!!! I booked with @sunwingvacations and they booked the tour through @nexus_tours . Having an amazing time. Check my snapchat to see more of the trip- LyzabethLopez 😘😘 #sunwingmode #adultsgetawayguide #hideawayatrrc #stayfitvacations @sunwingvacay